Friday 23 February 2007

Day 12- feeling good/bad!

Feeling great about the diet today and what a good decision it has been to undertake it. Also helped by Lesley who sensibly commented on the urge to weigh- come one all of us overweight chicks do it all the time don't we! I have sometimes weighed after every pee- and always pee before a weigh even if I don't really need to. Breaking the realtionship with my scales could be just as important as breaking my relationship with food!

I had a go at putting a ticker into my blog- I will update it after weigh-in every week and no more than that I promise.

That's the feeling good bit- now the feeling bad. Far from having loads of increased energy, I often feel totally pooped. My habit is to get up at 6.15 and be in the pool by 6.45, do 30-40 lengths and then be in work by 8am. This week I have only managed to do that every other day. This morning (like some other mornings) I woke up with a pounding heart and felt totally ill and exhausted. Mind you I ahve been to two gigs this week, and have upped my steps, so I've not been slumped on the sofa every night like the old me. I have decided to listen to my body though (not me head), and if I wake up too tired to relax and not swim. And if I feel okay- I am there at the pool- will up my lengths a bit on those days to help out.

I will go to get my blood pressure checked- it was perfectly fine before the diet, on the elevated side of normal but nothing to worry about. Will be interesting to see if it has gone up! Anyway couple of firsts coming up this weekend- first bar (I have resisted until now) and found a great recipe for a 'milkshake'- without the milk of course. Loads of ice cubes and a raspberry shake in the blender- yum!

I must be a really lucky girl, because I like the taste of all the soups and shakes- some people will only eat chocolate, but to be honest I could take or leave that one. Love the caramel- especially as that is the sweet craving that I have- I am not a sweet-toothed person at all, but fudge and caramel do it for me I'm afraid.

Anyway it is shake time now!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

If you're anything like me your energy levels will kick in soon. I'm up with the lark and doing way more activity than before but that took a few weeks. I think you're doing the right thing in resting when your body tells you to.

Keep it up - you're doing great!