Tuesday 27 February 2007

Bloated!

Felt so bloated last night- could hardly bring myself to have my shakes (I had two to have at dinner time). This happens of course!

Still enjoying this diet more than any other I have been on- sounds bizarre I know, especially if you have never single-sourced, but the results are so good and it really really is easier just to say no to food altogether. Some wedding cake arrived this morning from one of my team, and I didn't even think about having a bit as its a special occasion, nor am I missing having it. I can see now why some people on the message boards get terrified of going back to food during management- managing food and dieting is very hard compared to no food at all.

The way I feel now I could quite happily go on with this diet and try to lose more than my original target, and get down to my 'ideal' weight rather than being much slimmer but a wee bit overweight. As I sit here with my shirt and trousers literally falling off me, it all seems doable- why didn't I know about this diet before!! Perhaps it is only now that I am older and wiser that I am ready to do it amd stick with it. Though willpower is not really my problem- more defiance! Why shouldn't I be a big girl etc- and of course there is nothing wrong per se in being a big girl and I still am believe me. But when it starts to hurt your legs even to be curled up on the sofa, well then that is the time to make a change I reckon.

Its a miserable day- wish I could have walked yesterday, but never mind. Swim tonight and then on with big slapfuls of Dove firming lotion- all the message boards swear by it so I hope it will do the trick and keep a bit of firmness in my flesh. And when I go to the spa I am going to have the complete Thalgo treatment to firm me up and remove cellulite- too shy to have this before in case the paper knickers were too small for me!!!!

Bring on those paper knickers- by June I will be ready for you!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

You sound so positive and it's uncanny that I have said all that stuff as well - especially the "why didn't I know about this diet before?!" bit. I really wish I had heard of it years ago.

I'm currently being thwarted in my quest to be pampered. I've booked a massage and had it cancelled and my friend backed out of a spa evening with massage due to being skint. I will get there eventually and think I'll look at all the anti cellulite treatments that seemed extremely pointless before!

So, baggy trews girl - keep it up and I'm really pleased you're talking about going all the way - it would be a shame to do all this work and then stop short of your dream.

. said...

Hi

I found your blog from reading Lesley's blog this evening and just wanted to congratulate you on your loss so far ... and the fact that you're doing it with a smile on your face.

I start LL on Friday and reading yours and Lesley's blogs have really given me hope - thanks :)

Cath