Monday 26 February 2007

Yippee!




Second weigh in and 15 pounds lost in total- I really hoped I would lose the stone in two weeks, so beat my mini-milestone by a pound. Really pleased- for me! Already have to wave goodbye to one suit- hardly worn so will try to sell it on e-bay. Fitting into clothes that I fit in to a couple of years ago, so no need to go mad on new ones yet.

Had a couple of lemon bars at the weekend- absolutely foul as bars but strangely enjoyable as little biscuits done in the microwave- though I still had the taste in my mouth when I woke up this morning, even though I had brushed my teeth twice.

The weather was foul all weekend but managed a swim, and then on Saturday afternoon got the urge to go for a walk- just a short one in the 'gloaming' (misty dusk for those non-Scots out there). So although I didn't get my gardening exercise I did okay. My average steps for the past week are also up more than a thousand a day on the first week of the diet- I think the energy has finally kicked in! Would love to go for a really long walk today, as the sun is out, but have to work (in fact should be working right now, so had better stop).

Hope all you LLers had a fab weekend and are looking forward to your weigh-ins.

Thanks for blogging and keeping me on the straight and narrow.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Good to hear from you on my blog. And great news about the stone in 2 weeks!! You're doing really well - keep it up.

A law degree eh? Well, you did the right thing in not going into the law. I pretty much hated the 11 years I did in private practise and it's only now that I have a really fascinating job with a Council that I'm enjoying it. I love property/regeneration work but don't really like legal stuff which is a bit of a problem for a solicitor! I think it's mainly the other solicitors! Anyway, now I'm not in a legal department so work with non-lawyers and do more legal management than actually transactions - it's much better. I wish I'd been brave enough to get out of law early though.