Monday 19 February 2007

First entry-Day 8

Welcome to my lighter life. I have started this blog because I have been reading the blogs of people on the lighter life diet, which I started on Moday 12th February 2007. I have found reading other blogs inspirational, particularly when the hunger pangs came at the beginning of the diet last week. Now I thought I would start my own, and hopefully help others who are doing this diet. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD), during which you receive counselling weekly. What does VCLD mean? Well it means c.530 calories per day plus at least 4 litres of water- and that is it. Sounds terrifying? Well it is, but you will not be alone throughout the process and it works- well I have been on this diet for one week and have lost 9.5 pounds! The diet is scheduled to last for a minimum of 100 days, during which time any person doing the diet and sticking to it should lose 3 stone.

My target is bigger than that though- I would like to lose 5 stone, as I weighed 17stone 2.75 pounds when the diet began- even with the weight loss this week I am still 'morbidly obese'. If I get down to 12 stone my BMI will make me 'overweight'- if I want to get down to ideal weight I will have to lose another 2 stone! This is a big challenge for me- the lowest I can remember weighing was 13 and a half stone when I was coming to the end of University (17 years ago). I did Atkins very successfully 4 years ago and lost almost 4 stones, but have put 2 stones back on since then- but am very proud of the weight I kept off, and decided I didn't want to creep back up to nearly 19 stone- I am only 5ft 3" and one of my doctors once told me that I was the most obese person he had ever seen. I hated him for that, but he did motivate me to do something about it! (B******!)

So the vitals as of today:
height 5ft 3"
weight 16 stone 7.25 pounds
size- 20 in trousers, 22 in jackets and shirts
Total weight loss on Lighter Life 9.5lbs


Please feel free to comment on my blog and very very good luck to you if you are trying lighter life. A big up to Lesley the solicitor and to Christine who works in the Nationwide who inspired me to not eat and to start my own blog- go for it gals!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Ellie. I'm not going to call you hippo if you don't mind! Plan positive and all that.

It's great to hear that people out there are getting something out of my blog and even better to hear from them personally. Thank you so much for leaving a comment.

Thanks also for letting me know about your BP issue. You know I thought it might be something like your theory too but have been poohpooed. So, I'm going to stick to it but obviously keep getting checked out and hope that the BP goes down in time.

I feel so much better in myself as it is that I can't believe I'm doing the wrong thing healthwise.

I read your first post and will pop in from time to time to check in on you (or is that check up on you?! - lol) I think you should go for the big target - I reckon you will lose so much in Foundation that you won't want to to settle for 12 stone something - go the whole hog!! Anyway, good luck whatever you do and if you feel tempted - get your ass up to that computer instead of heading for the kitchen!