Thursday 1 March 2007

BMI bereavemnet blues

Didn't post yesterday as my grandad died in the morning and it didn't feel right to blog. He was 86 and it was expected, so not a big shock but still. I was thinking how much of him is in me and the rest of my family. He was Italian, and we have all inherited the very dark looks, the Italian temprement and very much the the figure! I am very lucky to have an hour-glass shape- the healthiest to have if you are overweight and I don't think I look as big as I really am nor as big as others who weigh less but are not in proportion- not fair is it! The funeral is on 12th March, and I daresay it will hit me then.

My BMI went below MORBIDLY OBESE yesterday- still obese and one poorly-timed wee from being MORBIDLY OBESE again, so not out of the clutches of the grim reaper- but as all my Italian aunties weighed 20-25 stone when they died, all in their 90's maybe I shouldn't panic too much.

So here's to my Italian grandad, and my love of food and the good things in life that come from him- I haven't stopped loving food grandad, just getting some control over it. Miss ya

Kathy

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandad. You sound as though you have lot to thank him for (apart from the 25 stone aunties!). I think you're right about the hourglas figure too. I have one and seem to carry weight reasonably well and lose it quicker too than some of the women in my class who carry it round their middles.

Well, sad day but life goes on and you're going to be making more of yours soon as a skinny chick!!