Monday 26 March 2007

Goal reached, but tainted, why am I such a B!

Finally getting a chance to post- hectic times. Spent all weekend in the garden, finally got the veg beds planted- just hope I reach my goal before anything delicious grows- I don't like the radishes and I am allergic to lettuce, so don't mind missing them when they are ready in a couple of months. And a lot of the veg is fine for early stages of management- rocket, spinach, berries, and the peas beans and root veg (parsnip and jerusalem artichokes) won't be ready until much later in the year-yum!

Anyway, sorry for the long gap, but I did reach my goal this week! Yep I have reached the 2 stone mark and lost another quarter pound in addition as a wee bonus. So I was dead chuffed to have done that by 6 weeks- but then it all got spolied. Other half forgot to ask me how my weigh-in went, and after I had made such a fuss about hoping to reach 2 stone this week I felt really upset about it. So we had a bit of a row- you know me saying you are selfish and the OH saying I'm not feeling too well I just forgot I get confused about your weigh-ins. So all that good feeling was totally lost. And I felt rotten for being so upset about it but couldn't help it. Anway, flowers have just been brought home, and I did console myself with a trip to M&S- just bought a t-shirt and some smaller size knicks (plus a sexy pair for the undeserving OH- they won't be seen for a good while yet!).

So I am trying to get the good feeling back, but it isn't coming- I am pretty sure this is TOTM and PMS is probably to blame- we are going out for a walk together now so maybe that will help. Am I being unduly sensitive, a bit of a bitch?

I guess I am also a bit tense about our holiday- 8 days away from home is going to be a big challenge. I have packed all my meals and the in-laws have been briefed on how the diet works and not to worry that I don't eat or keep grilling me about it. But I am still a bit tense- just want to manage it, but perhaps there is a little bit of me that is also resentful (internal chatterbox) telling me its a holiday and I should be able to relax and do (eat) what I want. Got to get into a better state of mind!

Will update ticker later- will miss a weigh-in but going to pop-in on Thursday so will get done then and see how it goes!

God I'm a miserable cow today- what a contrast from my last post- must be bipolar or something!!
Kx

6 comments:

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

I read your BLOG and really felt for you.

I for one have been there and I don't think you expected too much of your man to rememeber the weigh in!

Perhaps hormones have played a little part but just rememeber you have done so well, and are beating the LL ods of a stone per month by a whole two weeks!!!

As for your holiday, you are going to feel a little anxious but be assured you have briefed everyone and have your packs ready. After day one, you will have a bit of a routine and it should get easier.

Just rememeber you will eat food again on your terms and not to slot in with others. The food will taste so much sweeter then.

If you eat on holiday it will be tainted and taste of rotting veg!!! LOL

Seriously, you can really do it. Take the Foundation book with you and maybe agree some groundrules for yourself so that you are not put through too much temptation throughout the holiday.

Good Luck

Sam

Lesley said...

You're not! I can understand that OH have - think what you're doing all day every day? Surely that deserves some attention? Weigh ins should be like religious experiences for all concerned!!

Having said that, I'm sure the continuing black mood and the inability to forgive and forget is due to TOTM as I'm sure usually a heartfelt apology and flowers would have done the trick?!

Bet he doesn't forget next time! Snigger...

Good luck with the holiday and remember- food is just food - it doesn't need to be the be all and end all of your life. You will still have a great time if you just let yourself forget what you're not having.

Good luck and cheer up!

Lesley x

Hippoellie said...

Thanks Girls for the sympathy and advice! Feeling better already! helped by fact that OH has given me an early easter present- a chocolate bunny that is actually a cuddly bunny scented with chocolate- you can see a photo of the bunny on minimin in the lighter life forum!

As for travel- such great advice- I will not let myself down- I have come so far and done the hardest stuff. This diet is for me!! (And OH now back in line!)

. said...

I'd have been just as upset as you were ... I want asking instantly as I walk in the door ... and if I'm being honest I wouldn't even mind a burst on a trumpet (though we don't have one and nobody can play it) every time I hit the 'stone' mark :)

As I said on minimins though - I don't think he'll forget again.

Cath
x

Hippoellie said...

LOL Cath- and a small choir of angels singing hallelujah!!!
Kathy x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi

Hope you don't mind but was checking out your blog, you're doing fantastic, going to print it all of and get up to speed, loving the humour!!

Claire :o)