Monday 5 March 2007

Week 3 weigh in, all sorts of milestones

Well, I have got through the 'dreaded' week 3!! I say this as, looking at the message boards this seems to be the week when determination wavers a little and also for some peole a week of ver small weight loss. But happily I have lost 3.5 lbs- total is now 18.5 lbs gone in 3 weeks- happy, happy, especially as TOTM came and went this week! I am now in the 15 stones for the first time in about 18 months, and well under the awful morbidly obese BMI. Also a shake's width away from fitting into size 18s, so a lot of very underused clothes are coming out of the wardrobe. Bought size 20 jeans last Monday to celebrate last week's loss, wore them on saturday to find that they are too big- never mind they are from M&S, so should be able to exchange for size 18 (they were £15 so I don't think I was too indulgent to buy them). In fact have been looking at outlet shops for clothes, and have picked up a cheap shirt too- which will fit me by the time I want to wear it next week.

So some nice milestones out of the way- including more than 20% through the diet now (and 6.5% of my body weight lost!). I would like to have lost more than 10% (24 lbs) of my original weight by the end of week 5, I think that is quite an easy challenge as less than 6 lbs to go- in fact I hope I can get there by next weigh in.

Saturday night was a bit of torture- I ran the quiz night for our big wifie's night in at a local pub- there were nibbles afterwards, trays and trays of sausage rolls, garlic humous on pitta, sandwiches, crisps...aaaaaagh! I had saved a shake for going home though, so focussed on that and not a crumb passed my lips. Left early though and felt like a party-pooper, but hey, losing weight is more important than being the entertainment for a little while, and friends will understand- although I have not told any of my friends about being on the diet- I don't see them very often with the commuting I do, so I am hoping to emerge, swanlike, from the layers of fat and have them all be amazed. Next time we meet will be early April, so another momth to really make an impression.

Anyway, work is now piling onto my desk again so had better get back to what I am paid for!


3 comments:

Lesley said...

That's fabulous! YOu sound really chirpy and so you should! It's amazing how quickly you can slim into tight clothes isn;t it? I've actually bypassed one pair of jeans as I didn;t try them on quick enough and by the time I did they were already too big!

I'm also chirpy as I've just been to buy an evening dress for a do on Friday and got into size 18s in both Debenhams and Monsoon!¬ The 20s I picked up at first were too big! Spent more than I wanted to but have no choice really. Maybe I'll be able to sell it after.

Oh well - keep it up slim!

Hippoellie said...

Thanks Lesley- your comments are so supportive and I look forward to reading them! This diet is its own reward isn't it? Its amazing how quickly the 'deprivation' of no food can be replaced by success, feeling good and fabulous clothes! In another week I'll check out Monsoon- I never imagined I might ever be able to buy clothes from there, so thanks for the pointer. And thanks for continuing to be my inspiration!
Kathy

Wendy said...

I've just found your blog and you sound like you are doing really well! I'm starting this week and have found so much inspiration from reading blogs from other people going on this LL journey.
I'll keep up with your progress and look forward to reading about your future shopping trips!
Wendy x