Saturday 3 March 2007

Standing still

Been very busy, but my weight seems to be staying the same- message boards confirm that third week is often disappointing, but stick with it!!

I need to do quite a bit of travelling in the next few weeks and that will be the first time on the doet. Little bit worried about coping- there is something psychological abut travelling that makes me very hungry- maybe it is the urge for home comforts! Also any awkwardness about being able to have shakes- but then all I need is the shaker and water. On the whole much easier than Atkins- meat and cheese don't travel very well and low-carb snacks were very rare when I did it- once did a whole day on one tiny bit of salmon, no wonder I lost weight!!

Have bought a load of size 20 clothes as motivation- I am squashed into them at the moment, but ina week or two they will fit just great. Trying not to spend too much on clothes, but couldn't resist- hope I am not replacing food witha clothes habit.

Running a pub quiz tonight- there wil be offers of drink and there are nibbles too, but just water for me- will eat just before leaving and can always have a savoury sachet when I get back.

Its a gorgeous day today, I should really have my butt outdoors, but there is a nip in the air and I am feeling a bit lazy...not good enough, garden beckons.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Kathy. I too felt as though I was standing stillin week 3 although I ended up losing 4 lbs on the night - it really taught me to distrust my scales. Have faith - you'll be fine.

I think you'll find travelling alright. At least you know you'll be able to take the soups, shakes and bars with you so there'll be no excuse to nip into the service station shop and buy something naughty. I've always had a problem with driving too - I think it's because you're in your own little environment (car) and out of your normal routine so can chomp away in private and feel as though you have an excuse. Crooked thinking indeed...

Good luck and keep it up! Lesley