Friday 30 March 2007

Off on holiday in a few hours

Heading off in 4 hours- train to London then off to Germany tomorrow morning. So looking forward to seeing my niece! Beware, there will be baby photos and general gooeyness coming this way...

Trepidation of course- taking 8 days worth of supplies with me- a soup and a bar every day plus 2 shakes. I don't normally have a bar every day because I worry about being knocked out of ketosis, but if we are out and about it will be handy. However you look at it this is a challenge, so I will be so pleased if I can stick to the diet and even more pleased if I lose weight by the time I get back, especially as that will take me into the 14 stones for the first time since I don't know how long- 15 years? I think the biggest challenge will be the water, as it was when I was away last time. Its difficult when your travelling, and difficult when you are out every day esp because public toilets are not terribly common in Germany- so it will probably be a lot of drinking in the evening and peeing all night- thank god the in-laws have 2 bathrooms!

Anyway had my pop-in and the weigh in was good news- 2 and a quarter punds since Monday which takes me to 15 stone and a quarter- shame it wasn't 15 stone dead, but that little quarter will niggle me til its gone, so every time I am tempted I will think about it!

It will be difficult to blog while I am away, as will ahve to rely on in-laws clunky PC, but I have started a diary thread on minimins (can i resist temptation) as it will be easy to do quick posts there, so I will keep you up to date with any trials and tribulations.

Here is the up to date tracker- cannot wait to see what it says when I get back- no chance at all of weighing myself before 8th April.



Good luck to all- keep those losses coming!
Kx

4 comments:

. said...

Hope you have a lovely holiday - and enjoy plenty of cuddles and snuggles with the baby.

I'm sure you'll be fine sticking to it while away - the bars will come in really handy for when you're out and about.

Well done on the weightloss - never mind wishing it could be 15 dead ... you'll very soon be in the 14's and that must feel amazing!

I'll keep a look out for you on minimins and will read your diary there.

Take care

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Hope you have agreat time. I managed 4 days in france on the diet so I'm sure you can do 8 in Germany - I found the hardest thing was explaing in my schoolgirl french why I couldn't eat and asking for soup to be warmed up.

Have a great time and looking forward to the photos - nearly 14 stone something (it's a great feeling - I've only just made it). Keep it up!

Lesley x

. said...

Kathy - hope you're going to update your blog now you're home. Will keep checking.

Cath
x

Lesley said...

You must be home now - how'd it go? Looking forward to update and photos if poss!! Don;t fret if you did go off plan - just get back to it and all will be well. (I'm not saying I think you will just wondering why we've not heard???)

Hope you had a great time.

Lesley x