Saturday 10 March 2007

I know, I know

Yep I am too lazy and haven't posted for ages! Lots of things going on this week, very busy at work and I am away for 3 days next week- also have been conked out and in bed by 10 every night for some reason. Perhaps because I am generally getting a bit more exercise?

Not sure I am losing much weight this week, though back in (admittedly generous) size 18 jeans. Very snug, but no harm in that and I do have a decent bottom for a big girl (I have been told).

People are beginning to notice my weight loss- though from my face rather than anywhere else yet, but all compliments welcome. Seeing my family this week for my grandad's funeral (any tips on what to do at a catholic funeral?), so they might see a difference, though of course most thoughts will be on grandad. Lots of people saying how good my skin is looking- this diet has worked wonders for the spots I usually get around my neck- reduced almost to nothing, and I got really annoyed when one appeared the other day!

I have to admit that I cheated this week- my department ran two events and canapes and lunch were available- it was too tempting, and I wish I hadn't but I ate some chicken bites one day and some salmon the next day- small amounts and I am sure that, as it was protein, it didn't knock me out of ketosis, but very naughty and feel suitably gulty. Just had 3 packs yesterday to make up for it and back on track today. Looking forward not back!

Bought myself some handweights so I can do toning while I watch the TV and keep the bingo wings at bay. I have to say that the swimming I do seems to keep my skin reasonably tomed and elastic, so I hope I won't be left with anything too bad in the skin department. Have decided on a course of wraps and cellulite treatment towards the end of the diet to make sure I give myself every chance of toned bod.

I have also decided that, as long as this diet keeps working I will stay on it until I get to a lower weight than planned- I had set the target of 12 stone, but now an thinking 1ostone 7 would be achievable. When I started 14 weeks felt like forever and an impossible task but with only 10 weeks left, it all seems manageable, in fact 10 weeks seems like a very short time and I will regret the diet being finished. Could I become an addict?

Its been a cold day here, desperate to get into the garden and start planting (hope I will reach target before harvesting!) but no go today- just a short trip to feed carrots to the horses and that is it. Hope tomorrow is better! Will do more toning to make up for lack of activity.

Won't be able to post until late next week, hopefully I will have completed the challenge of travelling and being away while on the diet- have decided to take a bar for every day I am away and attempt to have a hot soup on the evenings. Making up a colde shake while out and about is quite easy, so its all doable- will let you know!

3 comments:

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Nice to check in on your BLOG and see that you are still doing well. I can't wait until I loose weight and people start to notice. I started LL two days ago and prior to that was searching the NET for true accounts to see if it was all a scam! (had never heard of it before).

You are right to move on from your slight relapse. Good luck while you are away, and I hope your Grandad's funeral goes as well as expected

Sam

. said...

Good to see you're back to blogging. You're doing really well and I think doing LL does take it out of you as I've been going to bed earlier than ever before.

It's great that people are noticing your weight loss now, must feel wonderful to be accepting those compliments ... and they're well earned :)

Hope your grandads funeral goes okay for you, I know how awful it is to lose a grandparent and really do feel for you.

Re the cheating - you've done it, you've felt the guilt and now you've moved on ... you're so right to look forward and not back. Please dont' dwell on it as I really don't think you should have any negative thoughts about what you're doing/done - just focus on the good.

Cath

Lesley said...

Hey Cath - cheating schmeating - we're doing the time and we're doing really well. Put it behind you and get on just as you say!

I'm really glad you're going to go fro broke - I remember right at the start hoping that you would and even guesising tht you would go for it as this diet is just so right. Good luck with the travelling - I've just had a weekend in London and found it quite easy to make up shakes in pubs etc when my mates were eating so I'm sure you'll be fine. It'll probaly be easier than trying to restain yourself on a "normal" diet!

Well done and keep on keeping on...