Saturday 17 March 2007

I'm Back!

Sorry to all the people who have been following my Blog- as you will know I was away for three days at the beginning of the week for a funeral and then a conference, and of course when I got back to workI had well over 100 e-mails and even after the spam about 60 required my attention, plus all the meetings that couldn't happen earlier in the week were in my diary over Thursday and Friday-eek!

So here I am, having missed a weigh-in, all my swimming and my evening class this week, so feeling like being a bit selfish- normally that means food but instead bought 5 books (all on special offer so less than £30) and a new fleece hooded top reduced from 65 to 20 in Black's- when I do it up it shows up my fatness but wearing it loose is fine and it will look nice zipped up in a couple of weeks. Also bought my baby niece some thinsulate booties- soooooo cute. She will be too small to wear them now but by next winter they will be great. Did I mention by baby shoe fetish? I just love tiny shoes and have resisted buying them because I know it will become an expensive obsession, but now I have the perfect little excuse. Just 2 weeks until we see her for the first time, she will be 9 weeks old by then.

The funeral went really well, and the time following it was really nice family time- no tensions over secrets etc or things about money. We all loved my grandad very much but he could be very funny about money, as he grew up in poverty in southern Italy and had no idea what the cost of things were, so he was always criticising my nan for spending too much. There was a lot of food after the funeral- didn't have any- but the next day we had a big family lunch at our favourite restaurant and I had 3 slices of roast beef. Its a carvery, and you could help yourself to all the veg, roasties yorkies you wanted but I didn't touch anything else. I had one shake less to compensate as if I were in management and it didn't seem to knock me out of ketosis and I am sure I have lost this week. Still not a habit to get into!

The conference went really well too- presented twice and it went down very well- considering I had been dreading it I came away with a spring in my step, soon dampened by having to stand on the train from Birmingham til Derby, but got a seat in the end. The major problem with being away was drinking water- just couldn't get the time to get it down me, but have rectified that in the last few days and its been peeing for england and scotland ever since!

Although I missed weigh-in my scales showed a 2.5 loss which took me to a stone and a half off. Bit disappointed, but I guess I must resign myself to 2.5-3 lb losses every week. That means I will have to go beyond Foundation by 8 weeks to hit my original target, but you know what I am up for it, I really am. I will see how the losses maintain but am still thinking of adjusting my target down from 29.9 BMI to 25.

FYI I look so skinny today (in my terms). Size 18 skinny jeans and a size 20 (boobs will always make me a size bigger on top, but hey they have their advantages :) ) long-sleeved t-shirt. Saw a close friend this morning who has not seen me since January: she was totally impressed. Hurrah hurray!!
Kxxx

3 comments:

. said...

Good to have you back and I'm glad that everything went well at the funeral for you. You did so well to avoid the food that day as it's not easy when it's all around you, especially on days like that I can imagine.

I went on a book shop this week as well but mine were all chick lit and not one serious book amongst them .... just what I need while doing this diet, light and relaxing stuff.

Good girl you for your loss too - to get a loss when you're in a situation where you don't have total control on your diet is a credit to you.

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Yep, well done and keep it up. Size 18 jeans....it's a lovely new world isn't it??

Well done on finding non-food based treats for yourself - very important for the future, although I think I might be in danger of replacing food with shopping as my drug of choice - lol!

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Nice to see you back, and glad the funeral went ok.

Well done on the temptations front.

Sam xx